New Highspeed Longbows

ricoche

quelqu'un connais ces arcs ? :wub:

c'est plus du longbow traditionnel mais c'est bien bow quand même :wub:

"The Perry Reflex (AKA Hybrid) seems to have redefined the meaning of "Longbow" . Who is the author of "if the string doesn't touch the limb it's a longbow" anyway? I'm all for this great performance, but I've thought of longbows as straight staved. We won't need to mess wth recurves anymore with these numbers! Steve"

www.bowsite.com

bow1.jpg

bow2.jpg

bow3.jpg

démontables

takedown.jpg

:rolleyes:

quelques eclaircicement ...

"From: Njord

Date: 04-Apr-05

I am a close personal friend of the bowyer. He did his apprenticeship under Bill Matlock. The limb is a direct copy of the latest matlock limb. He's a part time bowyer and a full time chiropractor. The bows will be available from Wildcat canyon archery in Durango, and Grizz's archery shop in the albuquerque. He's getting all his ducks in a row before he goes commercial

The bow is very fast. I shot the snakeskin takedown before it was finished 64# @31" with a 550gr arrow and a finger release. The best speed was 209fps, average was 206 for 10-12 shots, lowest speed was 203.

They shoot a very low brace(5-6") and almost require 4 fletch to get enough feather on the arrow. "

j'ai renomé le sujet en reprenant l'intitulé du forum anglais

et du facteur d'arc "himself"

"From: Farwest

Date: 06-Apr-05

Hello, I am Bill Van Buskirk. A friend told me that people were talking about my bows on this web site. If you would like to get some more information on my bows, I would be happy to send you info via the web. My e-mail is gohstmaker@hotmail.com or it might be best to give me a call @505-330-9026. I have very limited computer skills, but I can send information via email with help from my family. "

;)

un temoignage où il est comparé (en 55#) avec un BW TF2 de 57#

"From: Richie

Date: 07-Apr-05

I am the guy in Gallup and a personal friend of Bill. I puchased one of his bows a couple of months ago and have been very impressed with the performance. When I bought the bow I shot it in comparison to my Blackwidow recurve TF2. The Blackwidow is a 57# bow and the new Ghostmaker is a 55# bow. After shooting both through a cronograph with the same wieght arrow the Ghostmaker shot 5fps faster than the recurve. These bows are extremely smooth and have virtually no hand shock. From the first time I shot the bow I have been able to shoot very tight and accurate groups. I would highly recommend these bows. Infact I have a friend that already plans to buy one. "

ça laisse reveur :rolleyes:

Belle recherche dans la forme de la poignée.Il s'agit de semi-recourbé, hybrid comme ils disent.Ce n'est pas un vrai longbow. On obtient les perfos d'un recourbé grace aux branches fortement réflexes.Il faut noter qu'un des modèles n'a pas la même poignée.En fait c'est surtout le look qui est privilégié, il faut bien attirer le regard du client potentiel et essayer d'"innover".

J'aime bien le 4ème en partant du haut sur la 1ère photo, car "iln'a pas le bois en arc en ciel au niveau des poignées" mais la forme n'est pas si male....

Autrement, le dos de l'arc n'est pas toujours dans le même cerne si je ne m'abuse...Est-ce que ça le fragilise ? Et si vous pouvez me donner des infos sur la conception, ça m'interresserait, car si je ne me trompe pas, c'est un arc court et je suis cavalier........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Linca, c'est du lamellé, pas du selfbow, les cernes d'age ont une importances moindre pour ce type d'arc, donc pas de risque de casse de ce coté là :37:

Pour la conception, va dans la rubrique des arc lamellé collé... :37:

" ... On obtient les perfos d'un recourbé grace aux branches fortement réflexes... "

ainsi qu'à la position très reculée de la poignée par rapport à l'axe vertical des branches !

Les "petites allonges" retrouvent les perfs d'une allonge dite "normale" !